Whilst every effort will be taken to avoid any marks on the aquarium glass, Aquariums4Life are subject to the glass manufacturer's standards and guidelines.
All glass used by Aquariums4Life is produced to GGF/British Standard Guidelines. Glass shall be viewed at near normal incidence i.e. at right angles to the glass surface from the room side standing at a distance of not less than 2m away from the inner glass surface for annealed float glass and 3m away for all other glass types (toughened and laminated). The assessment of visual quality of the panes of glass should be carried out in natural daylight but not in direct sunlight and with no visible moisture on the surface of the inner or outer glass panes. The use of strong lamps and/or magnifying devices is not allowed. It is not permissible to find defects at close range and then mark them so as to be visible from the given viewing distance. Obtrusiveness of faults shall be judged by looking through the glass, not at it.
• Stand no less than 2m away from the glass and look directly through it.
• For toughened, laminated or coated glasses, stand no less than 3m away.
• Do so in natural daylight, but not directly towards the sun and with no visible moisture on the surface of the glass.
• The 50mm perimeter of the edge pf the glass is to be excluded from the check.
• Glass must be viewed at an angle of 90 degrees.